Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ex-CM says security forces backed by police had planted arms at his farmhouse as part of a plot to kill him

QUETTA: Former Balochistan chief minister Mir Humayun Marri has said that the security forces, backed by the police, had planted arms and ammunition at his farmhouse as a part of bigger plot to kill him. “Security personnel raided my residence twice on August 13 and 15 to find a pretext to kill me in a fake encounter if I was present at my Mian Ghundi residence,” Humayun Marri, the son-in-law of Nawab Akbar Bugti and nephew of Nawab Khair Bakhsh Marri, told reporters during a press conference at his residence on Tuesday.
He said that the raids were a clear message that the security forces and the establishment are powerful enough to kill or arrest anyone in Balochistan in broad daylight without fear for being held accountable.
“I have never been involved in any illegal activities in Balochistan nor had carried weapons like Kalashnikov and bombs in the past. He said he was not involved in armed struggle since 1960s. He remained a civilian political activist, he told newsmen. The arbitrary raid at my residence had damaged my image and I would approach Balochistan High Court to seek justice,” he said.
Humayun Marri said that his residence was besieged for more than six hours and security personnel arrested one of his gardeners on Monday. “The government as well the establishment had no sympathy with Baloch people thus people are being brutally tortured, killed and dumped at open places.” He said Nawab Bugti was chased and killed in third attempt by the security forces. No one is safe in Balochistan, he told newsmen. So the security forces raided my farmhouse twice to find a pretext to kill me, he added.
Responding to a query, Marri said that since Jamil Bugti was present his at residence, thus, security personnel failed to plant arms and ammunition. “My employees told me that security forces brought a big box and later displayed arms and ammunition to the media. They also took away licenced shotguns and other equipment,” he said, adding that he would not leave Balochistan at any cost.
Jamil Bugti, the son of late Nawab Akbar Bugti also told a news conference on Monday that the security forces bulldozed the main gate of his house though the watchman offered to open the gate for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment